Join us for TSAFF’s Sixth Annual Gala Event
on Saturday October 19th at 6:30PM
Our 2019 Annual Gala Event is a fantastic evening of film, fundraising and fun!
Your ticket includes:
- A welcome message from the Consul General of South Africa, Mr Nyameko Goso
- Screening of the award-winning film Chasing Mandela’s Rainbow
- A post-screening Q and A with Director Gary Janks
- A fabulous post-screening cocktail party
- An exciting silent auction including tickets to South Africa and much more
- Delicious South African wine and scrumptious food from Nandos
- A chance to network with other South Africans, Torontonians and all around super fun people!
Chasing Mandela’s Rainbow [Gala Film]
Click here to buy your tickets for the TSAFF GALA
2019 will mark a quarter of a century of democratic government in South Africa, an important milestone to judge whether its ANC government has achieved success or failure. In the education sector, ‘Chasing Mandela’s Rainbow’ delivers a balanced assessment by investigating a range of privileged and underprivileged black children’s schooling and home lives.
It illustrates that the legacy of inequality from the dark days of Apartheid is still entrenched, proving that the more disadvantaged one is there, the harder it is to prosper. It’s important to examine education in South Africa in conjunction with children’s backgrounds because some of its leaders in government, finance, industry, mining, transport, business and trade have emerged mostly from a liberation movement, who received a bad education as children.
For a brighter future it is crucial that the quality of education provided for its leaders and work force is of the highest standard, in order to ensure its citizens adhere to the rule of law and it becomes a stable economic global power in the developing BRICS nations. The film points to both the possibility of a brighter but also the threat of a darker future too.